Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Blues

This weekend was awesome. Blake and I got so much done. I painted the garage and got all of our yard sale stuff marked. We had 2 separate cook-outs....the sirloin steaks were definitely my favorite. We celebrated my parent's 25th anniversary and helped landscape my grandma's old house; part of a project that will take a while.
We ate way too much, slept in and although we didn't relax much, we felt relief from being so productive!

But...today we had to return to work. The days are getting shorter and summer is technically over. Daylight savings time is creeping up on us and will be stealing even more sunlight. It is now taboo to wear white...which doesn't really bother me. I really love the extra day off of work but it saddens me to think about saying goodbye to the warm weather. I do love fall, which will be coming early this year since it is so dry but I'm not much of a snow bunny. Let's put it this way...I wear sweaters in my office and at home.

No comments: