Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We had a wonderful weekend. The in-laws came in town and we had excitement from sun up to sun down.
On Saturday, we had breakfast at brother & sister-in-laws; went to Cheekwood and got some ideas for our garden; ate dinner at our place.
On Sunday, we ate breakfast at Noshville; went on the General Jackson; ate at Pei Wei and watched the movie, Breach.
Blake's mom had a really nice birthday...too bad his dad wasn't feeling very well.

Blake went to school yesterday and I rested. Our plans next weekend are to either aerate / seed the yard and start moving the garden over OR tilling up the privets on one side and moving half to the other side. Either project is not going to be fun, but I really want to do it before the cold weather hits. Blake has to work all weekend, so it really depends on how I can operate the machinery for the majority of the day. Hopefully, our hard work will pay off next year! I'm already ready for spring and to start planting.

I am trying to come up with ideas for our new side garden. It only gets morning sun and is in the shade for most of the day. There is a big air conditioner unit that I'm interested in hiding as well. I really like elephant ears and would like to bring some color into the garden. Any suggestions are welcomed! I'm also going to start an herb garden this winter in the house and transfer those into pots on the back porch once the weather is nice again. I'm going to start doing research soon for things I'd like to do. Another project we have to do before winter is to clear out the brush in our back yard. This will be the BIGGEST TASK of all and will be a major headache. Def. not looking forward to that. I'm putting that last on the list because I really dread it and I have a feeling there are a lot of critters (i.e. ticks, snacks, etc.) back there. I'd rather wait until the winter, but I'm afraid that it will never get done and the ground will be too hard to do anything.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a great week.

No comments: