Monday, October 15, 2007

Glad that's over!

Project #1: COMPLETE
I finished transplanting the privets. Got into a little "discussion" about where our property lines were, which delayed me by 3 hours, but everything was worked out. I had to recruit mom & dad to help because of time crunch. When I started digging, I discovered nothing but gravel underneath, which is probably why the other ones died. So, I got my parents to bring a truck bed full to replace. I'm having to water them heavy to get them to readjust. I've taken before pictures, just haven't had time to get around to the "after". Will be posting them soon, hopefully.
Project #2: UNDERWAY
I'm reseeding the yard this week (hopefully before it rains). I've been saturating the ground getting it ready to accept the seeds. I have to wait until Blake cuts the grass because once I seed, he won't be able to for a couple of weeks. After the seeds have started to sprout, I'm going to winterize (?) and weed and feed. Hopefully next year we will have better grass.
Project #3: DREADING
I am not excited about clearing out the back. I'm fearful that there are TONS of snakes and ticks and little crawly things. I'd rather wait until it gets cooler, but I know I will never get it done if I wait. I HATE cold weather! SO...I'll be starting on that this upcoming weekend hopefully.
Project #4: STILL CONTEMPLATING
I want to extend our flower bed around the house...but I'm thinking that may be a spring project, since I won't be able to plant anything right now. Blake and I agree on what we want to do, we just aren't really sure how we want it to look. It's slowly coming to us.

Needless to say, I'm glad to be at work sitting on my butt today. My whole body aches.

Hope you had a great weekend!!!! and a great week.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Project #1: Good job! If the privets fail again, you might want to do some research on shrubs that will give you the same kind of privacy and like "fast draining" soil.

Project #2: We've now decided to just let the various grasses and weeds in our yard fight it out amongst themselves.

Project #3: Don't worry too much about snakes and ticks. Wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, socks and gloves. Strip down and toss all clothes into the laundry on your way into the shower. Cool weather is best for yard work in which you need to be heavily covered up.

Project #4: Actually, a lot of different plants should go into the ground in the Fall. Namely, all bulb plants (tulips, irises, etc), and many perrenials and shrubs go in in the Fall. All of our outdoor projects happen in the Fall when the weather is cool.