Friday, April 3, 2009

Rose @ 31 weeks

Our lil princess is not so little - she is weighing in around 4 lbs. 5 oz and is in the 91st percentile for weight. She is a BIG GIRL! (Normal weight at this gestational age is 3-3.5 lbs.) They have upped my medication for gestational diabetes to slow her growth down. My blood sugar has been high even though I've been on the diet and exercise they recommend; the further along in pregnancy, the harder it is for your body to process - so it is normal. They confirmed that she has started practicing breathing, which is a great sign in case we go into early labor. Everything looks great, she is developing beautifully!

I got a couple of pictures from our appointment. Starting the week of the 13th, I will have 3 doctors appointment each week to monitor my diabetes, her growth and heart rate. They are still planning on inducing me around 38-38.5 weeks but won't schedule anything until we are closer.

We will be having 2 baby showers this weekend!!!! My sister-in-law is coming over to paint the rose mural on her bedroom wall - so we will have a lot of exciting things happening!!!


This is a profile pic - you can see her forehead, nose and mouth starting from the left side of the picture.


This is her foot - I think she is going to have her daddy's feet.

No comments: