Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Look @ Me!!!!! (32 Weeks)

This week marks the beginning of 2 - 3 doctors appointments a week. Today, we had an ultrasound to perform tests on lil Miss Rose. She scored an 8 / 8 for the breathing test, is swallowing / sucking on her own, heartbeat was 143 bpm and very strong / steady. Amniotic fluid is normal. We do not have a weight yet - they will do that next week to see how big she has grown. She is very active all day long and is beginning to find my ribs. The doctor is still planning on inducing me at 38 - 38.5 weeks, which puts us right at Memorial Day week! The doctor and I agreed that if she is over 9.5 lbs. that we are going to opt for a C-Section, but we are planning on normal delivery right now (with drugs!). Rose is in the head down position and they don't think that she'll flip to a breeched position; but we'll be able to tell better the farther we go. The countdown is 5 1/2 weeks!!!!!! I am doing okay - I have only gained 1 lb in 3 weeks and feel like I'm starving to death, but I know that keeping my blood sugar low is important for our lil princess. My swelling / bloating has decreased significantly over the past few weeks so I feel a lot better. I still have a lot of energy; Blake and I have been busy nesting and doing every possible project around the house to prepare for her arrival. My next appointment is Thursday with the High Risk Diabetes Doctor (to monitor my blood sugar / medicine) and Friday to do a Fetal Stress / Heart Test. Every week I will have an ultrasound and Fetal Stress / Heart Test.

Here are some pictures of lil Rose - all of these pictures are of her face (most of them are very similar, very little changes). She has her hands up by her face. You can click on each picture to enlarge it.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Rose is blooming!!!