Thursday, April 30, 2009

34 Week Update

So close yet so far away!!!!!!
My Tuesday appointment went okay. The doctor is concerned because my blood sugar levels are still high. She said I will have one more increase dosage of medicine before they will put me on insulin. She hates to put me on insulin so close to the finish line but they have to get my blood sugar under control before delivery. She said that if they can't get my blood sugar results down, then they are going to have to wait to induce me until 39 weeks because Rose's lungs won't be fully developed. So basically, we could have a very large baby with underdeveloped lungs in the NICU (which is not ideal). Rose passed all of her "tests" for the week - so she is still looking good.

At my appointment today, they increased my medicine again and said that I needed to continue to stick to my diet. I prefer to quit calling it a diet and start referring to it as torture.

We did get 2 pictures this week. They are hard to decipher.

This is Rose's hair! We got to see it on the back and side of her head, which means she probably has a head full of hair! I haven't had bad heartburn since I found out I had gestational diabetes, but then again, I'm not really eating - so I guess its hard to get heartburn if you are nearing starvation.


This is a picture of her chunky cheeks and face...


Tommorrow will be another stress test to see if I am having contractions and if Rose is being affected by the meds. Will keep you posted.

No comments: