Monday, July 13, 2009

Miss Personality @ 7 Weeks

Rose is growing up so fast. She is smiling all the time, cooing at everything and is a happy baby. She has adjusted well to the formula (it has made a big difference). She slept through the night last night!!! She'll be getting her 2 month check-up and shots next Monday :*(

My doctor called me today about my A1C Diabetes test...she said she's classifying me as a "borderline diabetic" instead of a full-blown diabetic. My test results came back great, indicating that I do not have diabetes, but my body has a hard time processing large quantities of sugars at once (she called it insulin / glucose resistance). She said I'm 3 lbs. overweight but was proud of my 45 lb. weight loss since I had Rose. I am at a higher risk for getting diabetes in the future; so they'll be monitoring me over the next year closely to be sure we can catch it early if it does turn into full-blown diabetes. I am going to manage it with weight loss, diet and exercise.

I've got 4.5 weeks left on maternity leave and I dread going back. I have not been bored yet and will be really really upset to not see her every moment.

Here are some pics of Rose's 7th week of life. I also recorded her during a happy moment.

Our most recent family portrait :)


Rose met her Pappy (Blake's dad) this weekend. She also took our first Scarborough Family photo.




Rose loves bathtime...she likes to splash and have water poured on her (even on her face). However, she does not care for after bathtime when the cold air hits her body...










At a restaurant...I'm teaching her to pose


She's more alert and usually loves car rides. She loves to look out the window. You can tell that she's fascinated and is taking it all in. I love sitting in the backseat to watch her. Too bad you can't drive in the backseat...


Looking pretty in her lil' dress.


She looks nothing like me...but it looks like she got the double chin curse - ahhhhh! Sorry honey.




Helping mommy do laundry. She LOVES watching the fan and laying on our bed. She is so stinkin' cute!

2 comments:

T2Nashville said...

You're right - she is so stinkin' cute! So glad to hear about your own good news from the doc. You look great! I won't recognize you when I see you again. Miss you!

T2Nashville said...

No, No, NOOOO!!! I just got your Facebook comment - can't answer because I can't get on FB here at work. I have to be at Carolyn's house all morning on Friday to meet her Comcast cable guy! POOP! I'm so upset! I'm so sorry I'll miss you!