Wednesday, July 8, 2009

6 Weeks Old and Growing

Lots of excitement this week!!!!
- Rose met her new best friend, Hadley, who was born last Tuesday. Congrats Bo and Kristi!!

- Rose celebrated her first holiday with friends and family. The fireworks didn't bother her one bit; she snoozed through the whole thing.
- Blake, Rose and I went on our first overnight road trip to AL to visit "uncle" Brad, who was home from Jacksonville. We had a fun time introducing her to our friends.
- Rose went to the pediatrician on Tuesday because she had blood in her stool. Turns out that she has a milk / soy protein allergy; so we have put her on a special (expensive) formula to help her little tummy out. Other than that, she is a healthy little girl at 10 lbs. 10 oz. (our arms are starting to get sore)!!
- I had my 6 week post-partum check up and follow-up diabetes test. My test results came back and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic. I go in on Friday to be put on medicine to help me lower my blood sugar and lose weight. The goal is 25 lbs.

I've discovered that Rose does not like to be put down, even when she's sleeping. She loves being held at all times but sometimes I need to get things done. She will tolerate the pouch and will slouch over and sleep in it. Can you say spoiled???


Her hair is long enough for a bow now. She does not care for wearing bows and will rip them out of her hair every time.


Thank God for paci's!


Naptime @ Pa and Jama's house


This was Rose's 1st outfit on the 4th. (I have to get my mom's camera for the "actual" 4th outfit). She developed a rash on her face, poor thing. At first we thought it was a heat rash but later found out about the milk allergy.


Tummy time mixed with sleepiness in AL. The long drive wore her out!


Headin' home from AL - wide awake!


Rose likes the pediatricians office (for now) because of the mirrors and lights.


Sleeping at Jama's office while Mommy gets a diabetes test.

No comments: