Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas and a New Year and turning 7 months old

Even though Rose isn't crawling, doesn't mean she isn't mobile. She figured out how to move our obstacle course in her walker to get to the Christmas tree and is beginning to learn the word "no". When she would get up to the tree, she'd just touch it with a finger. It is so cute, almost like she's not really sure about it but curious enough to barely touch it. Now (well, before we took down the tree), she'd run up to it, turn around to see if we were paying attention and then would touch it, even if we said no. I'd say she knows what no means now. :)



On Christmas Day, we spent a lot of time with family. We were lucky to have Blake's parents in town, as well as my mom's family from Texas. We had a fun time socializing with everyone (not to mention eating well too). I'm sure it's a newsflash and you are really surprised to find out that Rose got everything imaginally possible for a 7 month old to get; ranging from toys to clothes, to even toys for when she is a year old. We are grateful to have such a wonderful, giving family (okay, and friends).


Wrapping paper was, by far, the best gift this year. We actually accumulated all of the wrapping paper and let her roll around in it. She had a blast.


Sleepy after a long day with family. Please note that this is a rare instance in this house...






































Blake and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary on the 30th. It's hard to believe that we've been married this long. We both agree that this has been the first year that we've actually had to work at our relationship. Between having a new baby, changing work schedules to working nights and no sleep it's been a challenge. I'm proud to say we are still going strong, even with my sleepy mood swings. Thank you honey for understanding me, even if I am a nut job (at times). *Please note: this comment is not open for your wise-guy comments (unless you are my honey)*

On New Years, we got together with had our neighbors over, Ross and Sarah, who also have a sweet lil baby, Julian. We had a playdate before the kids went to bed and then have adult time afterwards. We rang in the New Year with a bang, played a board game, then called it a night. We didn't go to bed until 1:30am; sorda made me feel old because that's the latest I've stayed up in a while. Little did I know that Rose was going to be up ALL night after 2am. Hindsight is 50/50. I would have gone to bed at 8am if I would have known that. Happy New Year! (I have pics but I'll have to post them later)

No comments: