Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Rosie is 8 Months Old

Awhhh, the eight month mark. Rose's personality is beginning to shine through. She is very independent (but also dependent, does that make sense?), knows exactly what she wants and is silly. She loves to cuddle, run in circles, play with animals, play with noise-making toys, anything sitting up, eating her own food and trying to stand. She loves bath time, her paci, napping with mommy, shopping and being outside. She LOVES her momma too :) She does not care for tummy time, being alone or sleeping more than 3 hours. Rose getting older is bitter sweet. I love that she is becoming more independent and am happy that she is more interactive and human-like. To be honest, I am not really sad to see the baby phase go, but know I will miss it once it's gone. I look forward to see what she will learn next and where this life will take her. I am really excited about the toddling phase. Not only will it be a good weight loss plan for me, it will be fun to see her explore.

She began drinking through a straw this weekend and only wants to be fed solid foods if she can feed herself. It is quite a mess, but I must say, is very entertaining. I think I'm going to have to work on my cooking skills though - I don't think she is impressed at all (judging by the pictures).

We are enjoying her more and more everyday. She is a little person now. It's really fun to pick out personality traits that you have or hear stories from your own childhood that relates to your little offspring. It's also fun to blame your partner for the not-so-cute characteristics, even though you know it probably came from you. :)

I just realized that I never gave an update to the neurologist visit. Blake and I took our princess in thinking she was having seizures but the doc told us that she is concentrating and trying not to poop. Probably my most embarrassing moment as parents....sitting there, genuinely concerned, taking a spot on a 3 month waiting list to hear that your little diva just doesn't want to poop. Trust me, we would must rather be embarrassed than have another outcome. We are thankful it's nothing serious.

Rose still has a little cold but is recovering. Her ear infection is gone finally, so we are getting back into the swing of things.

Here are some pictures of Rose when she was 7 months old.

Rose and Taylor are BFFs now. They have their own special playtime after bathtime, where Taylor gets "groomed" by Rose. Everywhere Rose is, you can bet Taylor is close behind. I am having trouble keeping Taylor's toys from Rose, since Taylor brings them over for Rose to enjoy. EEWWWHHH... Taylor is so good with Rose. I actually feel sorry for her sometime because Rose will almost pull handfulls of her hair out, but she loves the attention.




We threw my dad a surprise 50th birthday party. Rose learned her first lesson on deception, as Mom and I had to be sneaky so he wouldn't catch on. Rose got some lovin's from the Hoerman girls (Gillian, Rose Meredith and my Rose)



Happy 50th Birthday, Dad!



Rose loves to play on her little table. It keeps her entertained while I cook or clean dishes. This thing is a LIFE-SAVER. She is really fast on it and can actually move it a little. Couple this with her paci and sippy cup and this girl is in heaven. I'll have to post a video later of her rolling around on this when my internet isn't sucking.







I love this picture. She looks so mischievous.





Our little princess running around in her little toy. Probably her favorite toy right now. She can really pick up speed!

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

This table thing is fabulous! I've never seen one before. These videos just make me want to squeeze her - so cute!