Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

About a month ago, I started becoming sensitive and emotional about the recent weight gain. We went to dinner to celebrate my Mom and Uncle's birthday. Mom got out the good ole' camera and started snapping away. After I reviewed the pictures on her camera, I decided that none of them flattered me but instead gave me a double chin and made me look like I gained all 10 pounds in my face alone. I asked my mom to delete them because I didn't like any of them. Trying to savor the "camera" issue and make the birthday girl happy, Blake said "Come on, take another picture, I'll fatten up too." Obviously, these weren't the words I have dreamed of, so I started crying and laughing. I knew that he didn't mean anything bad and just had a case of diarrhea mouth. Needless to say, we did not take another picture.

When we got in the car, he was trying to redeem himself and said "honey, you aren't fat, you're just pregnant. Plus, you're just going to get fatter." At this point, I knew he was teasing me and I blew it off. I guess my hormones were stable at that moment.

On New Years, we were hanging out with another pregnant couple. They were talking about her emotional times, so we decided to divulge my unstable moments to have a giggle. It was all fun and games until she whipped out the camera. I wanted to be a "team player", so Blake and I posed together for our last shot of 2008 (pictured below). My wonderful husband decided to play a prank on me by "fattening up"; which is cool, because I've been blabbing to all of my friends about the episode mentioned above. He got me back for having a big mouth. I think it's hilarious and am glad to have proof that my husband also has moments of insanity. I am still upset about my double chin and this was not planned but life will go on.



Disclaimer: This story is not to evoke sympathy or harsh feelings toward my husband. Do not feel sorry for him; even though he didn't mean it to be ugly, he still said it and broke the "husband with a preggers wife rule". This is all in good fun though.
Thanks, Amy, for sending this evidence.

No comments: